Sunday, June 22, 2014

Little Lost Souls

Alone

A leathered spirit, cold and hard. There's nothing that can break the spell cast upon that which is gone. 

My heart aches for my friend. One friend, my only friend. A listener, a thinker, a wise little soul. 

He led me to the gardens without a word. I followed, small feet stumbling over loose earth and thick weeds. 

I learned all I know from him. 

Once a lonely, lost soul. Now again. With only these feathers to remind me of what once was. 

Tears of ebony fall, hot reminders, staining my freckled skin.

A gentle blow of the wind whispers to me, haunts me. 

Alone. Alone. Alone.

Alli Wynn 2014









2 comments:

  1. I am not sure what touches me more - the words or the photos. Perhaps there is no either or. This touches the haunted places of my heart. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete